In the last video, we talked about disorganized attachment in individuals. This time I’ll answer your questions about dealing with couples when both partners have a disorganized attachment pattern.
This final video will cover topics including:
1) How disorganized attachment develops
2) Down-regulating yourself and your partner
3) Spending individual time with each partner in a therapy session
4) Teaching couples how to use fair language in conflict
5) Moving couples away from a threat response
Handling disorganized attachment is one of the most common questions I received when I asked for your feedback. This video will provide some tips for you to help your disorganized clients move toward secure attachment.
This concludes our question and answer video series. Thank you for submitting your questions and feedback! Please comment below.