Creative practical tips for working with your most challenging clients.
Do you know someone who:
- May disconnect or pick a fight when true intimacy begins to emerge – often without knowing why?
- Yearns for, but deeply fears, relationships because they expect them to be dangerous? Scary? Full of Conflict? Confusing? Overwhelming?
- Shifts moods abruptly and acts out uncontrollable cycles of panic and/or rage?
- May have trouble communicating clearly or expressing realistic needs in an empowered way?
Find out creative practical ways to assess and address these patterns personally and clinically by learning about the residual interpersonal effects of living in a chronic threat response due to Victim-Perpetrator dynamics, Dissociation alternating with Flooding and Fragmentation, and Disorganized Attachment styles.
- Repair ruptured boundaries to enhance a sense of personal safety
- Uncouple two major psycho-biological instinctive drives 1) the need to attach and 2) the need to survive threat that become interrupted and interwoven to block the health and functioning in both systems.
- Revive embodied aliveness as high arousal states causing dissociation are cleared and discharged
- Create appropriate therapeutic empathy and avoid misuse of empathy when it triggers disintegration
- Help clients complete the fight/flight or freeze responses in a way that creates lasting empowerment by discharging ANS over-activation and healing the power wound.
- Resolve relational approach/avoidance stuckness that may remain long after the original scary or confusing family dynamics are over.
- Differentiate victim-perpetrator fusion and release toxic interjects to allow experience of the untainted self
- Understand Savior, Incompetent Protector, and Perpetrator Trauma Transferences and how they may affect your therapeutic relationship
- Help clients return to their core intactness as they rediscover and embody Secure Attachment from the distress of disturbed attachment
- Restore the missing resource of a sense of protection and relative safety.
Elisabeth Schneider Kaiser is a senior assistant in the Somatic Experiencing work. Training in BA, communication skills by C. Rogers, Somatic Experiencing. She works mainly with the effects of shock and trauma. She gives private lessons, supervisions, and introductory courses in Germany, Italy, and Denmark. To contact Elisabeth: [email protected]
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Full refunds will be given if an applicant is denied acceptance into the program or in the rare event that the class is canceled. A refund, less a $100 administrative fee, will be issued if a participant chooses to withdraw 30 days prior to the workshop date. After day 30, 50% of registration fee will be given up to two weeks prior to workshop date.
LATE CANCELLATION: When canceling within 14 days of the workshop date, no refund will be given.
NOTE: Paid fees can ALWAYS be transferred to another class (without paying the $100 administrative fee) even with late cancellation, or the full amount can be applied towards the purchase of educational resources from our webstore.
Course registration signifies agreement with the terms of the cancellation policy.
All refunds will be paid within thirty (30) days after receipt of cancellation.